There are so many varieties of salads that can be done numerous ways. You can chose healthy alternatives that don’t just involve lettuce and tomatoes.
I recently purchased a box of broccoli and carrot slaw that was already pre-cut in small thin slices. I decided to try this for the first time since it looked interesting and I didn’t have to slice or cut any veggies.
As I cooked pork chops for dinner, I thought to myself that I sure could use a healthy salad with these. I decided to create my own twist on a healthy broccoli and carrot slaw. Here is how I decided to make this slaw.
- 1 box of broccoli & carrot mix (I found at Kroger)
- 1 tablespoon of mayonaise ( I use McCormick lime mayonaise)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt (purchased at Whole Foods)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (optional and not pictured as I added last)
- a handful of almonds
- a handful of cranberries
1. Wash pre-made broccoli and carrot slaw. Add to large bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients: yogurt, mayo, maple syrup, almonds and cranberries. Feel free to substitute these last two ingredients with any kind of nuts and berries. These are the ones I always have in my pantry and love.
Mix all ingredients together. That is all! How easy and tasty is this? Not many ingredients for a rich and satisfying broccoli and carrot slaw. This can accompany any main course or be eaten alone. I love this slaw so much that my youngest daughter and I can eat it all!