Starting in January, the majority of us want to eat healthier and do the best possible to “begin” eating better. Even though some of us fail at eating healthy the whole year, at least we try and that is what counts, right?
I am a big fan of salads that have delicious dressing. If the salad is boring, the dressing makes it or breaks it, in my opinion.
During November of last year and during the holiday rush back and forth, I stopped at Chick-Fil-A on several occasions. I decided to try the new superfood salad they had on the menu. From that day forward, I loved the taste! It was so delicious! Now, each time I go there, I must order it!
Unfortunately going to Chick-fil-a everyday is not in our budget! I decided to research the recipe and combine several copycat recipes out there to make my own twist on this Chick-fil-a salad.
This recipe literally takes less than five minutes to make! I made it and loved it even more as I know it is made in my own kitchen with fresh and clean ingredients. I decided to mix up the nuts and use both walnuts and almonds. I also decided to omit the broccolini and replace the dried cherries with dried cranberries.
I made it and served with some pasta shells. I would love to hear if you have similar versions or if you try this one and like. Please snap a photo and use hashtag #blessmama if you make it. Here is the recipe and hope you enjoy it!
- Ingredients for Salad:
- 4-6 cups of chopped organic kale
- 1/2 red onion chopped (optional)
- 4-6 ounces of sliced almonds
- 6 ounces of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1/3 cup of Braggs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of Organic maple syrup - Grade B
- 1/4 Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Add in your kale, nuts and cranberries and toss.
Enjoy and happy eating!