Thanksgiving is literally days away. If you are like me, you are checking off your list to make sure you have everything ready and in place to start prepping before the big day. Here is my list that helps me make sure I have everything ready!
1. Buy your turkey. If you haven’t already, you should have your turkey by now. Remember, you have to defrost it before the big day. So if you haven’t purchased it, please go buy it today.
2. Menu Planning for the whole week. Since I don’t like to go to grocery store when it is packed, I make my weekly meal plan menu and buy everything for the whole week to avoid the rush of everyone buying their food. This way I know exactly what I will be cooking for all the days before Thanksgiving Day. In addition, check your recipes and make sure you have all your ingredients for your thanksgiving meals. Double check that you also have appropriate pans for your turkey and other dishes.
3. Clean ahead of time. I will be having all my kids at home all week due to the Thanksgiving School Holidays. This means, I will have extra help with chores and laundry. My goal is to have them help me do the deep cleaning days ahead of time and then just pick up before company comes over. It will help to put some nice, background music to put everyone in a great mood!
4. Decorate Your Dining Table. Have your table all ready and decorated the morning of the big day. You can buy simple fresh flowers like I did for my table for $4.99 each bunch @ Kroger. Buy small pumpkins that you put in the middle, or you can put some fresh tangerines on a nice cake stand. In addition, while I was grocery shopping, I also bought the Cinnamon scented pine cones to place in a basket at the entry way so my house can smell yummy. These were only $4.99 @ Albertson’s.
5. Always use white dishes. White dishes show all your fabulous meals and helps keep every meal clean and simple.
Last but not least, always be thankful! Let’s be thankful 365 days of the year.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.