Holidays are upon us and time to buy sweet gifts for your family and friends. In my opinion, the most memorable gifts are those homemade and personalized. To think, someone took the time to make something especially for you is pretty amazing in itself.
These photo coasters are both beautiful and inexpensive! They would make memorable Christmas gifts and/or perfect for anniversary or Mother’s Day present.
Each of my daughters have a desk and always need a coaster. So they take mine. I love white so I purchased some white tiles from Home Depot for .13 cents each to make some of my own How cheap is that?
First, purchase your inexpensive supplies.
- Mod podge (purchased at Michael’s)
- Acrylic Sealer Gloss Finish (purchased at Michael’s)
- Ceramic Tiles (purchased at Home Depot)
- Foam brush (purchased at Michael’s)
- Self-Stick Felt Pads (Scotch purchased at Michael’s)
- Decorative ribbon
1. Order and/or print your chosen photos. I chose to print them black and white for the classic look.
2. Cut the photos to fit the size of the tiles.
3. With the foam brush, apply a layer of mod podge on tile. I applied a bit of mod podge on back of photo as well.
4. Press photo to the tile. Repeat this process for each of your tiles. Let all tiles dry completely.
5. Next, after allowing each to completely dry, apply a layer of mod podge on the top of each photo coaster with the foam brush. Start from left, then to right with one single layer. Let these dry completely. Repeat this process three times (make sure they completely dry before applying the next layer)
6. Next, place the tiles on some newspaper in a well ventilated area. Spray each tile with the acrylic sealer gloss finish spray. This process will seal, protect and beautify each photo tile. Repeat this process a total of three times (allowing to dry completely before each process).
7. After this process is completely finished, it is time to add pads. On back of each tile, add some self stick felt pads to each corner.
8. Stack four tiles, tie with a decorative ribbon and you have a priceless gift.