Is your family about to travel this summer? If the answer is yes, you will be interested in making your own Vacation Travel Binder. This is super simple and a fun, organized and helpful way in planning your ultimate family vacation. Every year I would make a folder with our vacay information; however, this year I decided to make a binder. There are several ways you can create your own. I tried to keep mine very simple and organized so I can use it every year. I have also included free downloads of where I printed some helpful information.
Supplies you will need:
- 3 ring binder – I purchased a flexible one so I can keep in my carry bag
- Colored Pocket Tab Dividers: Avery Two Pocket Insertable Dividers
- Pocket folder for receipts (I purchased mine @ Staples for $1.29)
- Sheet Protectors: Avery Secure Protectors
- Printer – to print some free downloads
- Supply pouch with holes to hold supplies – here I place my pens, highlighters and paper clips
The following are my categories:
- Reservations – Hotel and Restaurants Reservations with addresses and confirmation numbers
- Maps – Printout of directions to destination
- Things To Pack List: Bought this list at Target Dollar Section. It is a pad full of them.
- Pre-trip Home Checklist: A pre-trip home checklist
- Also see my very own compiled list below on what to do before leaving on your trip.
4. Personal Info
- List of Activities/Attractions that we want to do and not miss
- Coupons/Discounts that may have
5. Budget – Use this spreadsheet to track all expenses that you will pay during your trip: @ http://travelsplash.net/ – I placed the dates traveling, meals we will pay, and extra rows for gas, purchases, etc. I left some extra spaces to fill in.
6. Receipts – a pocket folder with velcro closure to place all your receipts. Every time you make a purchase on gas, hotel, meals, etc., just slip receipt inside this pouch folder.