Chicken Salad is perfect to eat on a nice, spring afternoon. There is so many different ways to make a chicken salad and each way is delicious, in my opinion. I just pair it up with some wheat thins or saltine crackers and I am set!
Here is how I make my chicken salad recipe that my family loves.
- 1 rotisserie chicken or 2 lbs of chicken breasts and then cook & shred
- 3 celery stalks finely chopped
- 3 cups of seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (or more if desired; I use the one with lime)
- 1 cup of mixed frozen vegetables (optional – I added to this one since I had extra from previous package)
- salt & pepper to taste
Rotisserie chicken is much faster and gives it a different flavor to use on the salad. Shred all chicken to small pieces and add all of the above ingredients. Mix well. Serve on a bed of lettuce and with crackers or on a pair of slices of bread for a sandwich.