Father’s Day is June 19th this year. Let’s celebrate our fathers, husbands, uncles, brothers and friends!
I love to celebrate my father and my husband as well. For my father, my sister and brother always plan to have dinner with him and the whole family. For my husband, I get kids involved to celebrate him the full day. I always hang a banner/garland on our chalkboard wall. There is always a cake, balloon and gifts. My youngest daughter always makes him handmade cards. And of course, a picture with Daddy! This is a simple, yet easy way to show him how we appreciate all he does for me and our children.
(“Dad” banner – Etsy Shop, Cake Stand – Magnolia Market)
Here are some ideas for planning the perfect father’s day:
- Make him feel special – Don’t ask him to do anything, let him rest and enjoy his day. Take care of all his duties for the entire day.
- Shower him with handmade, thoughtful gifts – I have each of my kids make a handmade card.
- Make it a family event – do something together, go somewhere with all of the family included.
- Remember and let him know all the amazing times with him.
- Get creative: bake him a cake, make his favorite dinner, or you can do something even bigger, clean the garage for him. (I’ve only done that once! ha)
“A” lways there.
I have compiled a few gift ideas for that special “Daddy”. I would only recommend what I or my family likes. My husband likes these and that is why they made my list. He currently has and loves the following:
Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing Papas out there!