Welcome to “Declutter Your Home in 7 Days” Challenge! We will be spending the next seven days decluttering and organizing our home. Everyone can take their own pace. All it takes is for you to take the very first step. If you don’t finish in one day, that is ok. Whether it takes a few hours or in intervals of 15 minutes, whatever works best for you. You started and that is what is important. It may take longer than seven days to complete this whole process; however, I have found that if I allow myself weeks to do this, I will procrastinate. Once I get started, I prefer to do as much as I can. If you can not, that is fine. Just start.
Always keep in mind that less stuff means: less to clean, less to organize, less to store and less mess! We are starting the declutter process in our homes and I know we aren’t perfect & in no way are we trying to achieve perfection. Our goal is to be efficient, reduce stress & clutter and improve the overall quality of our life. This is my ultimate goal and hope this is your goal as well.
Please share as many pictures as you can on social media and use hashtag #blessmamadeclutterchallenge. This will give us encouragement and see everyone’s progress. You also get a chance to be featured.
Here is how to get started:
- First download the checklist: Declutter Your Home in 7 days
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
- Sign up with your email on my blog.
- Gather your cleaning supplies and boxes/bags you will place items in.
- Ask yourself and decide on the questions below:
Are we ready? Let’s do this!
Day 1 – Kitchen/Pantry:
- Clean out refrigerator. Get large trash bag out. Take everything out and discard old food and condiments in trash. Wipe down all shelves inside fridge with an all-purpose cleaner. Wash inside and outside surfaces. Do the same for the freezer. Arrange all leftover items back inside, nice and neatly.
- Clean out pantry. Take everything out, discarding all expired food and spices. Wipe clean. Restock all items orderly.
- Clean out all cabinets and drawers and take everything out. Get rid of all doubled items and mismatched/unused dishes. Wipe inside cabinets and drawers clean. Keep ONLY the dishes/utensils you use and absolutely need. Donate the ones you no longer use.
- Empty junk drawers and wipe clean.
- Clean under sink cabinet. Discard all expired cleaners.
- Clean Microwave with warm, soapy water.
- Spray oven with a self-cleaner and wipe clean.
- Clean and scrub stove top with all-purpose cleaner and wipe clean.
- Wipe down and clear countertops. Only leave essential items. Donate extra or doubled items.
- Clean sink and faucet.
- Clean and wash garbage can.
- Clean baseboards.
- Sweep floor.
You did it! Below are a few pictures of my kitchen.
See you tomorrow for Day 2!