If you are just joining us, welcome to “Declutter Your Home in 7 Days” Challenge!
We will be spending the next days decluttering and organizing our home. Everyone can take their own pace. All it takes is for you to take the very first step. If you don’t finish in one day, that is ok. Whether it takes a few hours or in intervals of 15 minutes, whatever works best for you. You started and that is what is important.
Always keep in mind that less stuff means: less to clean, less to organize, less to store and less mess! We are starting the declutter process in our homes and I know we aren’t perfect & in no way are we trying to achieve perfection. Our goal is to be efficient, reduce stress & clutter and improve the overall quality of our life. This is my ultimate goal and hope this is your goal as well.
Please share as many pictures as you can on social media and use hashtag #blessmamadeclutterchallenge. This will give us encouragement and see everyone’s progress.
Here is how to get started:
- First download the checklist: Declutter Your Home in 7 days
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
- Sign up with your email on my blog.
- Gather your cleaning supplies and boxes/bags you will place items in.
- Ask yourself and decide on the questions below:
Are we ready? Let’s do this!
Day 2 – Bathrooms
- Clean under sink and take everything out. Discard all old cosmetics, expired cleaners and all hygiene products. Go through every drawer and shelf. Wipe down all with an all-purpose cleaner. Place ONLY essential items back in an orderly manner. Leave everything uncluttered and only minimal and essential items on display.
- Spray inside shower walls and tub with an all-purpose cleaner. Wipe and scrub clean with a scrub or brush.
- Toss old/worn out towels and floor rugs.
- Clear and wipe down counter. Wipe clean mirrors.
- Clean and disinfect waste basket.
- Clean baseboards.
- Sweep floor.
You did it!
See you tomorrow for Day 3!