If you are just joining us, welcome to “Declutter Your Home in 7 Days” Challenge!
Welcome to Day 3! We will be spending the next days decluttering and organizing our home. Everyone can take their own pace. All it takes is for you to take the very first step. If you don’t finish in one day, that is ok. Whether it takes a few hours or in intervals of 15 minutes, whatever works best for you. You started and that is what is important.
Always keep in mind that less stuff means: less to clean, less to organize, less to store and less mess! We are starting the declutter process in our homes and I know we aren’t perfect & in no way are we trying to achieve perfection. Our goal is to be efficient, reduce stress & clutter and improve the overall quality of our life. This is my ultimate goal and hope this is your goal as well.
Please share as many pictures as you can on social media and use hashtag #blessmamadeclutterchallenge. This will give us encouragement and see everyone’s progress.
Here is how to get started:
- First download the checklist: Declutter Your Home in 7 days
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
- Sign up with your email on my blog.
- Gather your cleaning supplies and boxes/bags you will place items in.
- Ask yourself and decide on the questions below:
Are we ready? Let’s do this!
Day 3 – Dining Room, Living Room & Entry
- Get rid of all home décor you don’t absolutely love. Place in donate and/or sell box.
- Use a feather duster to dust off all ceiling walls and corners. (Always remember to start from the top to the bottom)
- Dust of all ceiling fans, light fixtures and chandeliers.
- Wipe clean all windows and blinds and wash drapes.
- Dust all frames, mirrors, décor and coffee/dining/side tables.
- Empty dining room hutch and discard anything you don’t love. Wipe and clean dishes you love and put back in an orderly manner.
- Vacuum inside sofas. Wash throw covers/pillows.
- Empty and clean out your “drop zone.”
- Empty any drawers. Place back only essentials you need.
- Wipe clean any house plants you may have with touch of coconut oil. They will be more healthy and shiny.
- Clean baseboards with all-purpose cleaner.
- Sweep and/or vacuum carpet and/or floor.
You did it!
See you tomorrow for Day 4!