Welcome to Day 4! We will be spending the next days decluttering and organizing our home. Everyone can take their own pace. All it takes is for you to take the very first step. If you don’t finish in one day, that is ok. Whether it takes a few hours or in intervals of 15 minutes, whatever works best for you. You started and that is what is important.
Always keep in mind that less stuff means: less to clean, less to organize, less to store and less mess! We are starting the declutter process in our homes and I know we aren’t perfect & in no way are we trying to achieve perfection. Our goal is to be efficient, reduce stress & clutter and improve the overall quality of our life. This is my ultimate goal and hope this is your goal as well.
Please share as many pictures as you can on social media and use hashtag #blessmamadeclutterchallenge. This will give us encouragement and see everyone’s progress.
Here is how to get started:
- First download the checklist: Declutter Your Home in 7 days
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
- Sign up with your email on my blog.
- Gather your cleaning supplies and boxes/bags you will place items in.
- Ask yourself and decide on the questions below:
Are we ready? Let’s do this!
Day 4 – Bedrooms
- Get rid of all bedroom décor you don’t absolutely love. Place in donate and/or sell box.
- Dust all ceiling wall and corners with a feather duster. (As I mentioned before, always start from top to bottom)
- Dust off all ceiling fans, light fixtures and lamps.
- Wipe windows and blinds clean and wash drapes.
- If you have a dresser, take out all clothing. Ask yourself above questions. Place all clothes that you don’t love or fits you in your donation/sell box. Fold only pieces you love and put back in drawers in an orderly fashion, dividing tops from bottoms, etc.
- Wipe and clean all mirrors in room clean.
- Wipe and clean all electronics in room.
- Un-clutter and dust top of dresser, vanity and/or desk.
- Dust off bed headboard and side tables.
- Clean baseboards with all-purpose cleaner.
- Clean and disinfect waste basket.
- Sweep and/or vacuum carpet and/or floor.
- Leave only essential and necessary items. Please remember to not have anything you do not love in your bedroom. It is your sanctuary, it is your place of relaxation and should always be clean.
You did it!
See you tomorrow for Day 5!