Welcome to Day 5! We will be spending the next couple of days decluttering and organizing our home. Everyone can take their own pace. All it takes is for you to take the very first step. If you don’t finish in one day, that is ok. Whether it takes a few hours or in intervals of 15 minutes, whatever works best for you. You started and that is what is important.
Always keep in mind that less stuff means: less to clean, less to organize, less to store and less mess! We are starting the declutter process in our homes and I know we aren’t perfect & in no way are we trying to achieve perfection. Our goal is to be efficient, reduce stress & clutter and improve the overall quality of our life. This is my ultimate goal and hope this is your goal as well.
Please share as many pictures as you can on social media and use hashtag #blessmamadeclutterchallenge. This will give us encouragement and see everyone’s progress.
Here is how to get started:
- First download the checklist: Declutter Your Home in 7 days
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.
- Sign up with your email on my blog.
- Gather your cleaning supplies and boxes/bags you will place items in.
- Ask yourself and decide on the questions below:
Are we ready? Let’s do this!
Day 5 – Closets
- Take everything out of your closet.
- Dust all ceiling wall, corners, light fixture and drawers/shelves with a feather duster.
- Have your hangers ready. Go through each piece of clothing. ONLY keep clothes that you love. No exceptions. If it does not fit, get rid of it and place in DONATE/SELL box. Do the same for all belts, purses and shoes. Hang each piece of clothing on hanger and place into categories throughout your closet. All alike in groups: tops, bottoms, blazers and dresses. Color coordinate each piece. For all folded items, place back in an orderly manner with all clothes in same categories alike including undergarments, night wear and socks.
- Place all shoes nice and neatly in their designated area.
- Hang belts and scarves neatly on display.
- Clean baseboards with all-purpose cleaner.
- Sweep and/or vacuum carpet and/or floor.
You did it!
See you tomorrow for Day 6!