Preparing meals is what us as mothers need to do in order to have our families content. Unless, you are lucky enough to have a husband who handles all the cooking. I don’t have this privilege; therefore, I must prepare ahead of time so my family can have home cooked meals and desserts as much as possible.
Many fruits are so delicious and can even be created as it’s own bowl! I have tried making a watermelon basket and now I tried carving a pineapple into a bowl! It wasn’t as hard as I thought. It looks so organic and fresh in the middle of my dining table. I love how it turned out!
These pineapple fruit bowls can even be used for parties and gathering with all your loved ones. How awesome to have your own bowl made of fruit.
Here is how I prepared mine:
What you will need:
- one fresh pineapple
- a cutting board
- one sharp knife
- a spoon
- a bowl
- First, hold down your pineapple with your left hand, find the center and slice it as far as it can go. If you don’t slice all the way through, turn the pineapple sideways or around and slice the rest of it, finding the exact same center as you cut the other side. Be sure to cut the center of the whole crown as well.
- Next, carve a rectangle inside the flesh of the pineapple, cutting the flesh from rind along the core. Cut as far as the flesh goes, not going through the skin.
- Now cut the bottom of the flesh as far as the knife can go without cutting through and bring out all the flesh. Place pineapple flesh inside bowl.
- Scoop out the remaining of the flesh with a spoon to have a smoothed out empty bowl. Do this with both sides of pineapple. A grapefruit spoon works great.
- Chop fresh pineapple in cubes. Here, you can add all the chopped fruit you wish.
- Garnish your pineapple bowl with all desired fruit and place in center of your table.
That’s all. Wasn’t this easier than it looks? I chose to have pineapple and blueberries in mine.