Negative situations come and go. There will not always be perfect days.
Yesterday was a very stressful day at my job. If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen that I wasn’t having a good day. Having a stressful, full time job and trying to accomplish all my office tasks and paperwork are especially tough. After hours of working, my oldest daughter brought me lunch. I immediately smiled. While sitting at the table eating my lunch, I quickly realized I was letting work get to me and needed to just stop, breathe and take things slowly. After analyzing my situation, I saw how my thoughts were the ones that started negatively. I need to continue to practice the power of positive thinking.
I would like to share my helpful hints on how I immediately turned my day positively. These tips have really helped me maintain a beautiful and positive outlook on life:
- Start each day with a positive attitude. The way you start your morning will set the tone for the rest of your day.
- Pray/Meditate. Whatever your faith may be, meditating and praying are essential.
- Stop, Breathe & Slow Down.
- Get up & Dress up. Dressing up in a nice outfit and styling your hair will automatically make you feel good.
- Change unhealthy self-talk. Any negative thought coming to your mind, quickly stop it and replace it with a positive one. We choose how we can change our thoughts.
- Express Gratitude. There are so many reasons why we should be grateful. Count your blessings daily. Resonate on what is truly important in your life. List 3-5 things you are grateful for and smile.
- Spend more time with people who lift you up.
- Reduce your worries.
“Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that never loses faith in God.”
I have provided a free download that you can print to better schedule your daily tasks.
Have a blessed day!