Happy October! I had no idea what all the fuss was about when Ikea opened in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area a few years ago with a never-ending line. The Swedish retailer only has one store in this area and another one opening only ten minutes from my house next Fall. Yikes!!
I decided to visit this store two years ago and instantly fell in love. The inexpensive prices and the simplicity of their items made me a sudden fan. The only disadvantage is that I must drive 45 minutes away to visit this store. I guess that can be an advantage or I would go more frequently and spend lots of money!
When I first entered the store, I felt like it was a maze! You had to have so many hours to cover everything in the store. However, now I pre-plan my shopping trip, knowing exactly what piece I plan to purchase and take shortcuts throughout the store.
I would like to share with you my favorite finds for home decor ideas. These items I share, are presently in my home and enjoy them very much. If you have followed me for a while you will have seen these items throughout my home.
The following are my ultimate favorite five finds:
- Ranarp Work Lamp $27.99 – This is a very chic and classic lamp. I just purchased this yesterday and love it on my desk. You can’t beat the awesome price of this lovely desk lap.
- SOCKERÄRT Vase $9.99 – This is a vase and can also be used as a pitcher. My favorite way to use this is as a vase for my fresh flowers.
- LYRIK Table Lamp $34.99 – This living room lamp brings softness to any room. I currently have two of these in my living room. I turn them on every evening.
- Ingolf White Chair $49.99 – Purchased these for my wood dining room table last year. They lighten up my room with the contrast color of the dark mahogany wood table.
- Skuror Lantern $5.99 – I bought several different sizes of these and use them for several different things around my home. Some, I have with small herb pots in them. In addition, I like to place silk flowers and greenery inside. Lastly, I place candles inside of them.
As you can see, all these items are classic white color and my ultimate favorite finds at Ikea. I plan to go back for more items before Christmas. I purchase several items every time I go. If you haven’t gone, I invite you to visit their store sometime soon. If you have certain favorites from Ikea, I would love to hear about them.