What is a popper? Poppers are jalapeño peppers that have been hallowed, stuffed with a mixture of cheese, bacon, spices, meat and then heated.
My family loves hot peppers, salsa and anything spicy. I must always have some kind of peppers in my kitchen as I make something spicy almost daily. My brother-in-law used to make these for my sister when he lived and she loved them (RIP Robert). I have recreated his recipe and added my own little ingredients and use red jalapeños too.
These jalapeño poppers can be baked or grilled and are the perfect appetizer for any party. Impress your guests with this spicy appetizer and be the life of the party!
Here is how to make these easy jalapeño poppers:
- 12 jalapeño peppers (green and red)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 12 slices of bacon
- 1-2 ounces of shredded cheese (optional)
- add any toppings you desire
- a drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line baking pan with silicone mat, parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Rinse and dry jalapeño peppers
- Slice each pepper with a knife
- Put some plastic gloves on and with a small spoon, hallow out seeds and membranes of each pepper half (these are hot and can sting your hands)
- Scoop up some cream cheese and fill each jalapeño half
- Top with your favorite toppings: cheese, chives, bacon bits, etc.
- Cut each bacon slice in 1/2 or 1/3 and wrap bacon around each pepper
- Drizzle olive oil all over peppers
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bacon and pepper is cooked through