Every year, I make goals and write them on my planner. This year, the goals I have I want to share with you. I feel like this is a good way of documenting where I stand now and what I am making myself hold accountable for this year.
- Prayer. I can always improve on this and have taught my children to always pray. Whatever your faith or religion may be, prayers are vital.
- Choose Happy. I see this phrase and always say to myself, sure, I am a happy person. However, it really kicked in this past weekend as we ended 2017 and 2018 has started. I really need to choose happy in everything I do or think, especially towards my husband and children. I am always stressed due to working 40 hour weeks and I really need to steer away from my job when I am not working. I must choose to be happy every moment I can with my loved ones. Stop, listen and talk to each one of them and not take them for granted.
- Weekly Dates with my Husband. We both have full-time jobs and almost always make time for ourselves without the children; however, not weekly. We did not date until my youngest started school and she is now ten years old. It took us a while to focus on each other and not our four children. I want to really get better at this and take time for our marriage.
- Minimalist Lifestyle. I have had this one on my goal list for a few years. I still have a long way to go but I am getting there. My husband always tells me I have too much clothes and too much stuff and he is 100% right. I have gotten rid of ALOT of stuff and he has helped me open my eyes to live simply and stop buying what I don’t need. Its crazy to see how much one can accumulate. I am getting better and this year I sure want to get rid of half my stuff!
- Limit my sugar intake. I am starting a sugar cleanse tomorrow that will last fourteen days. I have been reading about how sugar affects our bodies. I want to see how my body changes in my mood, energy levels, skin, etc. I will report the outcome in two weeks.
- Eat clean. My focus is to try and not go out to eat during the week and cook more meals at home. Eating at home makes it easier for my family and I to eat well balanced meals and know how each meal is prepared. We can enjoy going out to eat on the weekends.
- Get moving! Since I have an office job where I am sitting most of the day, I want to walk more during the afternoons at least 3 times a week.
- Self love. It has been a struggle for me to love myself the most I can and not compare me to others. This is definitely a work in progress. I must learn to love myself more and take care of me. No one will do this but ourselves.
I would love to hear if you set goals or resolutions every year. How do you hold them accountable? I would love to hear your input!
Let’s make this a great year and be the best person we can be.
Thank you so much for following along. I truly appreciate each and everyone of you.