Fall is in full swing! Crisp air, pumpkins galore and autumn leaves everywhere! Who doesn’t love fall ya’ll?
In addition to pumpkins, cinnamon makes every Autumn season complete. Cinnamon is a sweet and woodsy spice derived from the bark of Southeast Asian Trees. When Fall arrives, somehow the smell of cinnamon, makes our home feel warm and cozy. Aside, from being one of the most delicious spices around, it has numerous health benefits as well!
I always have cinnamon in my cup board. My husband’s favorite tea is cinnamon. I love the smell it brings into our house during this Fall season. All I do is boil water, a couple of cinnamon sticks and two teaspoons of sugar. He is a very happy camper with his morning tea.
We made it to the market this week and bought plenty of cinnamon sticks to last us a couple of months. I decided to create some home decor out of all this cinnamon.
First, I created a cute fall arrangement to place in the center if of our table. This is what I did to create this Cinnamon Candle Arrangement:
- organic cinnamon sticks
- cream colored candle pillar
- glue gun
- plate to place candle (I purchased mine @ IKEA)
- small wreath (Magnolia Market)
- twine (Magnolia Market)
- floral cutters
- thick rubber band
- First, line up all cinnamon sticks and have them the same size. If they vary in size, cut with floral cutters to even up with the size of the candle.
- Next, take your glue gun and place some glue in the middle of each back of the stick and place on candle. Do this all around pillar candle. If you don’t want to use glue, then you can place a thick rubber band around the candle, and then one by one place them lined up behind the rubber band.
- Next, cut twine and wrap around sticks two or three times and tie a bow.
- To add a touch of greenery, I placed this small wreath around the arrangement on a plate.
That is all! Light up your candle and enjoy the wonderful cinnamon smelling candle arrangement!
Next, I had several pinecones that were from last year. I re-scented my own Cinnamon Scented Pinecones. I simply placed them in a bowl and placed drops of cinnamon bark essential oil evenly around pinecones. (I purchased my essential oil here:Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil ) These are definite Fall Must Haves!
These pine cones smell divine! Check them every week and add drops of oil as needed.
Lastly, I made several Cinnamon Logs. These are simply a couple of cinnamon sticks wrapped with twine and a touch of greenery. I placed these in a bowl with pinecones and white pumpkins. Smells amazing!
You can add these on top of gifts during the holidays or even place on top of plates on your table setting. You can also even add leaves, berries, and any kind of evergreen branches tied around with wire to bundle them up. Wrap with twine and they will look amazing. It resembles a cute little stack of logs adorned with beautiful greenery. Ideas are endless with these organic cinnamon logs. Create a natural arrangement that is both elegant and fragrant!
All these arrangements are natural, organic and inexpensive! Create a beautiful and natural atmosphere around your Home this fall season.