Fall has finally arrived! Since the first official day of fall was yesterday, we must prepare now. Time to take out our beautiful boots, scarves and sweaters. Hooray! This only means that Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner.
I am always on the go with my children, so I try to find fast and cute ways to spruce up my home without involving too much time and effort. To prepare for the fall, I have a few to do’s on my list. I will be posting some different home decor and yummy recipes in the next few weeks so please stay tuned.
The following is how I prepare for Fall in my home:
1. Decorate Dining Room Table. Here is how a nice, crisp tablecloth and a few cute pumpkins can bring life to your dining table. I love the color white so I kept these decor items on my table, yet added a “touch” of fall colors. I purchased this burnt orange, commercial tablecloth last year and love it. It never stains and is commercial grade, so I throw in the washing and drying machine, iron it and it is ready.
Hubby and I had a date to our local Lowe’s. Talk about romantic! I don’t know about you, but for me, improving our home and decorating is far more appealing to me right now than many other things. He bought me these cute little baby pumpkins for my table decor for only $3.98. I will surely end up cooking and baking these bad boys in the near future. I will also bake up the pumpkin seeds. However, for now, they will remain as eye candy on our table.
After making a quick stop to Kroger, found these cute fresh flowers for $1.50 at the discounted flowers bucket. Ended up replacing the white vase with these lovelies and moved my artistical green tree from Target until these flowers dry up. I love the contrast in fall colors.
2. Fall foods – Stock up on the fabulous five favorite Fall foods!
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sweet Potatoes
3. Candles – Nothings says cozy like a warm candle burning in your home. I light up my different fall favorites and also turn on my scentsy warmers.
4. Fall Fashion – Start taking out your favorite fall scarves, sweaters and beautiful boots. So exciting to feel the fresh breeze outside and smell our lucious baking treats inside!
5. Bring out your warm bedding – Let’s take out our warm cozy and comfy bedding. You can add beautiful colors to your bed, or simply add a warm throw and/or beautiful vibrant, fall color pillows on your living room sofas.
Let’s celebrate Fall!