Banana bread is one of my favorite kind of breads! Unfortunately, it is not very forgiving when eating too much of it. I decided to give a different twist to my homemade granola…add bananas! What a genius idea! If you want your house to smell amazing and have an awesome breakfast or snack, you need to make this. Not only is it delicious, it is vegan and healthy!
After baking this scrumptious granola, I added a few more different ingredients for a special taste!
- 3 Cups of Oats
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons of Flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cup of Almonds
- 1/2 Cup of Pecans
- 1/2 Cup of Walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons of Cane Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons of Coconut (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Candied Ginger (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons of Dried Pomengrate Cranberries (optional)
- Bake oven at 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mash a banana. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil, add maple syrup & vanilla extract. Warm until coconut oil melts. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients with mashed banana. Mix well or you can leave it a little clumpy for clusters.
- Add heated oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract on all dry ingredients and mix well.
- On a sheet pan, place wax paper.
- Spread granola evenly on sheet pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool. Add any kind of toppings you would like. I added some dried fruit and candied ginger. Store in mason jars for up to two weeks. Enjoy and can even be gifts for loved ones!